Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Finished for Friday: Unpacking!

Lit and Laundry

Another Friday has arrived, and with it, Finished for Friday with threeundertwo over at Lit and Laundry. I'm always so proud when I have something to post for this event, and especially proud this week as we have finished unpacking!

I suppose in this technical sense we still do have a few random odds and ends that need to find a better/more permanent home. But I think we're at the point where I can count this as a victory. Now we just have to go back and finish cleaning the apartment and turn in our keys before we're completely done!

Although I don't have any pictures yet of the inside rooms, I thought I'd share my favorite moment of our move-in experience: the card catalog. Let's just say it was the last thing we moved in, it was very late, and it was very heavy. I've been forced to promise my coworker who helped us that I will never again purchase such heavy furniture from surplus, but will restrict myself to feather pillows and the like.


We had to take all 72 of the drawers out.


And assign two strong men to carry it.


And it was a tight fit getting through the front hall way.


But in the end we got it inside and it sure looks cute! Although we're not quite sure yet what will go inside. I'd originally wanted to put it upstairs in my craft room, but that idea was vetoed by the strong men pictured above.

Be sure to checkout the other finishes on Finished for Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I love the card catalog. I would have drawers for floss, drawers for all my different types of needles, drawers for recipes. . .

    Thanks so much for joining in.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for reading my blog-I hope you enjoyed it! Comments are super festive and really make my day!