Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter!

Spring has been busy. I've been working on some projects, pictures forthcoming. I've been reading a lot of books, going for lots of walks in the unseasonably early warm weather and spending plenty of time with DH. It's also been busy at work, with lots of politics and drama. Followed by more drama. For an office of seven people, we seem to have an awful lot of drama.

So it was VERY nice to take a long 3 day weekend to relax and celebrate Easter with BabyBrother and the N-boy. In our family, we've stuck with the childhood traditions of all the holidays. Santa still comes with presents and stockings, we still leave out milk and cookies (or at least threaten the Momcat and Daddo that we're going to, thus making them gorge themselves on frosted goodness) and at Easter, the Easter Bunny still hides eggs. 

Therefore this year, the N-boy assisted Mr. Bunny with filling the eggs.



I assisted Mr. Bunny by hiding them. Apparently I'm a bit more creative than Mr. Bunny with my hiding though. Let's just say that BabyBrther was NOT amused by the single egg hidden in my 64 drawer library card catalog. 

Nonetheless, BabyBrother found all 20 eggs that Mr. Bunny hid. 

Note that I know there were 20 exactly. After the year that Daddo not only hid the eggs so well that even he couldn't find them all, but also couldn't remember how many eggs he hid, there has been strictly enforced "counting of the eggs" before any hiding occurs. 

BabyBrother also enjoyed his Easter basket full of candy and beer. And yes, he is 21. 

Other than Easter festivities we didn't do a whole lot. I went to a couple of church services, we went to the Farmer's Market. We constantly fed BabyBrother and made sure he got lots of rest, as he's still recovering from mono. 

We were sad to take him to the train on Sunday, but I think it's safe to say a festive time was had by all. 

1 comment:

  1. beer as an easter gift....i need to remember that one!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for reading my blog-I hope you enjoyed it! Comments are super festive and really make my day!