Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

AQS LOVE and Paducah Day 3 (Friday)!

This has been a great week for me as AQS selected me and this blog as their blog of the week! I'm really honored that they chose my blog, and I'm so excited to be able to put their award button on my page! I really did have the best time at the quilt show, and have loved being able to share the adventures that Mom and I had there. You can check out the winning blog each week via their facebook page. 


Thanks, AQS!


And now, back to our previously scheduled programming...

Paducah Dah 3 (Friday) 

We started Friday morning with another run through Hancock's of Paducah. Well, really more of a slow waddle as we were so loaded down with fabric.

Here's the Momcat contemplating her selection. She (like me!) is going to make a Kaffe Fassett inspired diamond quilt! 

It should be a stretch for both of us!

Our next stop was the National Quilt Museum-the Museum of the American Quilter's Society!

Afterwards, we headed back to the convention center where we had a nutritious lunch of strawberry shortcake. A local boy scout troop sells these every year for a fundraiser. 


WE LOVE THEM! 


After lunch, we finished touring the quilt show in the convention center and then headed over to the rotary civic center for more vendors and the display of WWII victory quilts. 


In addition to these historic quilts, they also had some interesting sewing related propaganda from that time period. 

After we'd spent more money buying fabic, we again went back to the convention center for dinner and an evening class with Klaudeen Hansen. We took a class from Klaudeen last year and had a great time, so we were eager to have a second one. This year's class was called "Diagonal Illusions." 

Here's a what it looks like; this picture has four completed blocks, two of mine and two of moms, so don't mind the different colors. 

It's really cool because your eye is drawn to the 16 patch in the center, and the outside four patches, but you dont' immediately see how the block is assembled. 

We worked hard and had a great time. 


Afterwards, we went back to the hotel and crashed for the night. Next up, Paducah  Day 4 (Saturday), the drive home and seeing what the damage was! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for reading my blog-I hope you enjoyed it! Comments are super festive and really make my day!