Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Goldilocks and the multiple houses...

I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted. It has been super busy. And I do mean super busy. With what, you may ask?
Well I haven't made any progress on knitting the sweater....

I haven't worked on any quilts...


But instead.... the N-boy and I bought a HOUSE!

The original plan was to buy one by the end of July. Due to the N-boy's health crisis this spring, this was not an option. I was upset, but ok, the plan changed and we moved forwards. Fast forward to last week. We'd already decided that we were ready to start looking again, and so we got in touch with a friend of mine who is also a Realtor. On Monday we went to the bank to start the pre-approval procecess. On Tuesday we met with Realtor and her sister (they work together) to go over what were were looking for in a house neighborhoods we liked, etc. On Friday, we got a call from the Realtor: someone else had already made an offer on one of the houses we'd really really liked online. We panic and run over to the bank after work, begging them to give us something to use as a pre-approval letter. As we are sitting in the bank, our Realtor calls to say that the first deal had fallen through. Phew.

Saturday morning we go to look at houses. We look at about ten of them.
Some of them are nice,

some require too much work to fix up

and one had a stream, fountain and koi pond in the back yard.

Which while festive, does not fit our current needs. (This is starting to feel like a bad version of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.)

But there was also "the" house.

A three bedroom, one and half bathoom, 1456 square foot house with a basement, hardwood floors, two car garage, and nice yard. And it's super cute. By 3:00 on Saturday afternoon we'd put in an offer. By 5:30 on Sunday the sellers had accepted the offer.

Today we had the inspection, and with the exception of a few things we would like to be fixed, it was GREAT. The inspector said it was a great house.

The listing is no longer on the website and there is this beautiful sign in the yard!

We close on August 25 and are so excited! Now that things are calming down, I'll blog more this week. Anything to keep from having to pack!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your house! That is awesome, and I hope everything works out for you!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm a book ominvore too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU BOUGHT A HOUSE!!! It sure is cute! Congratulations. Wishing you happy packing :0) and a wonderful closing on Aug. 25. I bet when the inspector said it was a good house, you felt relieved. Now let the dreams begin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a great house, hope we get to see inside pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for reading my blog-I hope you enjoyed it! Comments are super festive and really make my day!