Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Harry Potter at the Museum of Science and Industry

Last Friday I took a day off of work to go into Chicago with the N-boy. It's great that we live close enough to Chicago to be able to take advantage of some of the great things they have there.
This trip was to go to the Museum of Science and Industry.

We decided to take the train in; something that the N-boy has done frequently but that I'd never done. We ran the numbers for taking the train versus driving, and it turns out its about the same when you consider tolls, gas and parking. Not to mention the train was much more relaxing and we got to read and talk instead of drive in the toll road.

We got off the train just two blocks from the museum, and so we were able to walk over and get tickets to see..... the HARRY POTTER EXHIBITION!!

I was so excited! They had the Ford Anglia in the main hall way of the musuem.


We spent the morning looking around the museum before going into HP in the afternoon. We couldn't take pictures inside, but it was super cool. They had lots of the props from the movies. It was amazing to see them up close and look at all of the details they put into them. They even had a set up of Hagrid's Hut where you could sit in his chair and quaffles you could throw through Quidditch Rings. For any HP fans out there who are near enough to make it to Chicago, I would definitely recommend going.

In the farm exhibit they had an old billboard from my favorite soda,
Vernor's, a type of ginger ale.

And for the MomCat and Daddo--this one if for you. Maybe I should give you a little bit more time to clone Francine the Sheep for me.

4 comments:

  1. i'm jealous, i wish i could have gone to the MSI with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun the two of you are! The museum field trip sounds so cool. I love ginger ale! Especially Vernor's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Vernor's, too! I can find it every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nebraska - with your mother. I can hardly wait to see what you and your mother have been up to.

    I has been a good weekend, just woke up from a nap and going to finish off some pickled beets I started earlier in the day.

    Cheerio

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for reading my blog-I hope you enjoyed it! Comments are super festive and really make my day!