Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Back from LA and Jet Lagged

We made it back safely from LA last Friday evening. The conference was great, and it was super exciting to meet lots of people from all over the country in international education. We also got some good information from the Customs and Border, Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Consular representative attending. So, woohoo!

The one thing I did NOT expect was how much I would feel the jet lag in both directions. It's only three hours! I've been to Russia many times, so I figured the itty bitty three hour time difference wouldn't have that big of an effect on me. Oops. First day in LA I feel asleep at 8:30 and woke up at 5:00 the next morning! Finally by Friday I was feeling better, right in time to come back to Indiana. Sigh. So now this week I've been super tired in the mornings, but wide awake at night. Again, I'm now feeling a little better, but I think it will take until the weekend to feel like I'm really back on schedule. And I've learned a very important lesson about not underestimating the power of jet lag.

Since I've been so tired I haven't been working on any quilting. I don't like to quilt or sew when I'm tired, becuase I just end up ripping it out again anyway. I have been working on another knitted dishcloth while watching Iron Chef American on Fancast with the N-boy each night. I'm hoping to have it finished by Friday for Lit and Laundry's hosted event.

Since I don't have any other pictures to post, her's one from the AQS show at Paduccah of me with Mariya Waters, the Best of Show Winner! I ran into her while at Hancocks of Paducah and asked if we could get a picture. She was so nice! Her winning quilt was just beautiful, although not something that I would ever want to make myself.
I'll try to get my dishcloth done soon and get it up here! And hopefully get some more work on the secret surprise challenge quilt for the Momcat challenge-don't want her getting ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for reading my blog-I hope you enjoyed it! Comments are super festive and really make my day!