Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Last Meal.

The N-boy comes home tomorrow after ten months of dissertation research in provincial Russia. I get a lot of people asking me why I didn't go with him. Just read that first sentence again one more time: "ten months of dissertation research in provincial Russia." I love my husband and I love Russia, but that would not have worked for either of us.

So instead I've been at home with the cats. The N-boy does most of the cooking in our house, so his absence has been a challenge for me in terms of eating. I lost about 13 pounds the first month he was gone. My weight has gone back up some, but meals are probably one of the hardest things I've had to deal with in theses ten months of living by myself.

I've eaten a lot of cereal. And frozen waffles. And bagels. And my personal favorite, pizza rolls. Purchased 150 at a time from Sam's Club, I just opened opened my fourth and final bag of 70 little pieces of happiness. Or at least of calories.

I know this won't last after he gets home. Oh sure, it'll be nice to have home cooked meals again, but I'll sure miss my little pizza rolls.


And lest the Momcat worries, don't fret; I had a salad with dinner, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for reading my blog-I hope you enjoyed it! Comments are super festive and really make my day!