Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dirndl 5k

So I signed up for a fall 5k today. The Lederhosenlauf 5k, which is part of the Germanfest being held in Indianapolis in Mid October. The fourth annual Germanfest, to be specific.

There are two problems with this situation:

  1. My running has been severely slacking lately. Ever since Orientation hit I've had trouble getting motivated to get my ass out the door and run. Or even down to the basement to run on Floyd with my beloved Battlestar Galactica
  2. This is a themed and costumed race. If we show up in Bavarian costume we get five free food and drink tickets, in addition to getting into Germanfest for free. Guess who's raiding the Halloween costume stores for a cheap yet festive dirndl? 
I could totally run in this.
source
Luckily I'm running with two friends, so we can all look ridiculous together. And yes, as far as I'm concerned finding an appropriate outfit does trump concerns about lack of training. Priorities, people, priorities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for reading my blog-I hope you enjoyed it! Comments are super festive and really make my day!