I like the Olympics. I find them highly festive for several reasons.
- I get to see sports I never see. Or even think about. I mean, really, how many times times a year do I actually think about the uneven bars. Or rowing for that matter.
- They make nice background noise in the evening when I'm hanging out at home. I don't have to pay super close attention, but I can still see the exciting moments.
- It's international. As an international educator I generally support anything international. And it's just fun to see athletes from so many different countries.
- It makes me want to get my ass off the couch and go work out. This is a good thing.
- Eye candy. Athletic eye candy. Yup, I said it.
What's made your week festive?