Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Magic Chicken.

We picked up a whole, raw chicken at the Farmer's Market last weekend from our favorite poulterer: Hiatt's Poultry (can I just say how much I love that "poulterer" is a real and legitimate word). This is pretty much the only place we buy poultry now, and is where we always get the turkey for Thanksgiving. It's local, it's fresh and it's antibiotic free. This chicken was magical.

Mr. Chicken had no chance when up against the N-boy. 

Meal One: Roasted Chicken with a rub of Penzey's Spices.

Meal Two: Chicken Salad with Pecans and Craisins.

Meal Three: Chicken Vegetable Soup-chicken stock from boiling the carcass. 

We ended up eating the soup for several meals and putting three individual sized containers into the freezer. This is definitely the best we've ever done with making use of the whole chicken, and I'm really happy with how well everything turned out. 







1 comment:

  1. Love how thrifty I feel using EVERY bit of that bird. It all looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for reading my blog-I hope you enjoyed it! Comments are super festive and really make my day!