Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

fuel.

As part of our grand adventure this last weekend I found a vegetarian/vegan/raw restaurant called fuel in Kalamazoo, Michigan that was only a few miles from the Air Zoo. 



We both started with coffee. The cream and sugar came in these super cute little square dishes. 

I so want these little dishes.

For lunch we had two different dishes: the crabbish cakes and the egg scramble. I even tried a bite of the crabbish cakes and was happy to find they didn't tase anything like seafood. Which I suppose makes sense given that they are "crabbish" cakes and not actual crab cakes.

Maybe all seafood should taste like something else. 

This jam was some of the best I'd ever had-it was this berry concoction of sweet gooey goodness.


We were both really happy with both the food and the experience. One of the things we wish we had in South Bend was a truly vegetarian restaurant (like our favorite restaurant in Madison, the Green Owl). fuel had good vegetarian cuisine, and we both really like the local and eco friendly cuisine. Although we probably wouldn't drive up to Kalamazoo just to eat there, we'll definitely be back the next time we're up that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for reading my blog-I hope you enjoyed it! Comments are super festive and really make my day!