Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Unplugged.

Our modem died this week. It was a sad and somewhat terrifying moment. We've had it for almost four years, and when you think that it runs 24 hours a day, seven days a week, I guess it's really done pretty well. Especially when you start adding up all of the devices that we have running all the time (three laptops, one kindle, two iphones, an airport, an old ipod touch and an apple TV. Add in a partridge in a pear tree and we're ready for Christmas in July).

It's been a rough week. Even though I'm online all day at work, I hadn't realized how attached I really am to the internet. Or even to just watching Netflix through the apple TV. But in some ways, it's been pretty nice. I've gone for lots of walks with the N-boy. I've read more books this week than in the last month. And I've started working on a sewing project again. It's actually been pretty relaxing, and while I'm going to be VERY happy when the internet reappears this Friday (and better than ever because we decided to upgrade!), I think this has served as a good reminder to unplug and relax on occasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks so much for reading my blog-I hope you enjoyed it! Comments are super festive and really make my day!